Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Can... I get a different picture?

So, I went to the DLD to get my permit yesterday. 
I arrived there, during the very pathetic snowstorm, and stood in line. 
I passed the "As of 8/1/2006, we no longer accept pocket sized birth certificates."  
It made me laugh.
We got up to the line, and the lady had me sit in the chair and look at the camera thing. 
I smiled.... 
She took forever. 
I stopped smiling for about half a second. 
The flash HAD to go off just then. 

I got my number and sat. 
There was an Asian couple behind me. 
They were talking in some sort of not American language... 
It was quite annoying. 
They talked... and talked... and talked, and their were no stops in their sentences. 
My number got called, I went up. 
He had me fill out some more forms, sign here, had my mom sign here, here, here, here, and here. Oh, and don't forget here.
Then I took my eye exam. 
Piece of cake. Thank goodness my eyes are like... amazing. 

So, I went over... and took.... the test. 
They have cool little touch screen kiosks.  They were quite nifty. 
So, I sat down and took it. 
The kid sitting next to me, about five minutes after I sat down, stood up to see his results. 
He got about 46 percent... 
Now I was getting quite nervous. 
I finished the test. 
I got 43/50.
Not the hundred I was looking for, but I will take it. 
They gave me my permit. 
I looked at my picture. 
It looks like I just got booked into jail... 
I look like a thug. 
Who has been thuggin around town. 
On his awesome panda longboard. 
So... 
Now I get to wait six months to be able to get another one for my legit license.
Hopefully that won't be too long. 

1 comment:

  1. I am quite proud of you my boy! Now make me want to let you drive!

    ReplyDelete