Monday, November 1, 2010

Today at Walmart

So.
For all of you who don't know.
I have been working on my eagle.
For some time now.
About 10 flippen months.
It is getting a little old.
I did a Hygiene Drive for the Food and Care Coalition.
For full details, click it.
Anyways...
I got a whole bunch of money from people who wanted to donate, but they were too "busy" to go out and buy items so they gave me some cash. 
I went to Walmart with my mom to go and buy hygiene items...
I get there.   
We go to the medicine isle and get some pain killer.  
Then we go to a place that I really didn't want to enter.  
The Wall of Feminine Hygiene Products
Ya...
Never want to see that again. 
My mom grabs about 150 dollars worth of... those and puts them into my cart.  
There was a cart for my project, not for me personally, and a cart for her stuff she needed.  
I was thinking to myself, "what is going to happen when someone I know sees me..."
We see right after I think that, we see Sister Gover... 
She doesn't see us.  
False alarm. 
We hurry and collect the rest of the stuff like razors, toothpaste, ect...
My mom needed to pick up my brother from pre school. 
The last time she was in a hurry she accidentally bought an extra 100 tickets, but that is another story...
We get to the check out line, she leaves me to buy the stuff.  
So.  There I am.  
In a line.
I was texting Emilee.  She keeps telling me to be strong.
It is kind of hard to be strong with 300 dollars worth of Hygiene items and half of them are specifically for women.
There is a person in front of me, eyes my cart, and starts to talk to me.  
She first asks me if those are for me, gesturing to the surplus of pads and tampons in my cart.  
I say "ha ha, no.  They are for my eagle project."  With a friendly smile.
She gives me a lecture about how buying pads in bulk will save me money.  
I agree and she leaves. 
FINALLY.  
It is my turn.  
The casher looks at me... 
Study's my face, probably so she can make fun of me in the future, and asks me what I needed these for.  
I give her the speech about my eagle project.   
I leave.  
I never want to enter that store again...


No comments:

Post a Comment