Saturday, January 8, 2011

Best sport ever?

Churchball.
Period.
January is the start of a new year, and a new churchball season.
The Pleasant Grove Second Ward team..... Well. I'll just say we have a fun time playing.
Todays opponents:  The Lame Ninth Ward.
I don't know if you guys know this... but they are kind of the rivals of the Pleasant Grove Stake.
I came into the game quite cocky.
Maybe it was because I was wearing my cocky belt buckel.
We got there.  Found out that almost everyone in their ward.... made the basketball team. Then quit so they could play rec ball and churchball.
Everyone on Ninth ward were taller than our tallest man.
(Which is Spencer C.)
Our team that game consisted of, Spencer C., Noah, Austin, Taylor, Jaden Aland, then, there was me.
I thought we still had a chance.
Spencer is pretty much our only good player, no offence to our other amazing team members, but he is the only reason we can win games.
The game started.
We won the tip-off.
We travled down, and missed our shot, then they shot, then missed.
I got the ball.
And I shot....
I made it.
A three point to be exact.
I was happy.
yay me...
Then, they answered.
With a three.
So, we are tied.
Three to three...
(I know, the suspense is killing you.)
Then, I got the ball again.
And I shot.
And made yet another three point shot.
I was happy.
Then ninth ward scored about...... 15 points.
Just one right after another.
Then, I got the ball again.
And shot.
And. Made. It.
That is flippen 9 points.
Then.... they started to guard me.
Then, Spencer got the ball and scored back to back three's.
We thought we had a chance.
Well.
We didn't.
The score then was 28-15.
We thought we could win.
We thought wrong.
Half time, it was 32-15.
Third quarter... 50-15.
Final score.
64-16.
(I made a free throw.)
So... That is how the game went down.
We lost.
But we had the most fun.
So... I am a winner in my book.
And I scored 10 points.
The most I have ever scored was 4.
So I am improving.
Our team is improving.
I really like our coach.
Bro. Woodberry.
I will miss Brig as our coach.
And I will totally miss him if he moves.
I may even shead a tear or two.

1 comment:

  1. spencer. you either need to blog more or get your phone back.
    for reals.
    I approve of wearing the belt buckle.

    ReplyDelete