Saturday, January 15, 2011

I will talk about churchball. Once again.

Today we had our churchball game.
Our churchball team is pretty good.
We lost our first game only by 50 points.
Not too bad.
Today we had the honor of facing the members of the Orchard Ward.
I was the first to arrive, to get some extra practice in before the game.
Then Noah arrived along with Ashton, Austin, and Taylor.
Spencer C. didn't show up.
Our star player. Not there.
Ya. Loser.
The other team had two people there.
Two minutes before the match they had four.
So, they were forced to forfeit.
Three minutes after they forfeited, their fifth player showed up. (For those who didn't know, you have to have at least five people to play.)
So, even if we lose, we win by forfeit. It is weird. I don't like it.
We started. We did very well.
By the second half, we were down by 7.
Fourth quarter, 7, still.
We have six minutes to score 7 more points than them.
Quarter starts. 4 minutes in we are STILL down by seven.
So... I decided to help my team.
I scored a three pointer.
Then after that. I scored another three pointer.
We are now tied at 27-27, after someone scored a free throw or something like that.
12 seconds to go.
There is no overtime in Churchball.
So.... I decided to hit the ball out of the other team's hands and score the game winning lay-up.
So. I did.
We won this game. 29-27.
I think I got high off of adrenaline.
If that is even possiable.
I had 18 points to lead the game.
Noah had 5, Taylor 4, Ashton with 2, and Austin with some very close baskets.
Most intense game of my life.

There it is.
The final score.
So. Prase the Young Men of Second Ward.
We won it.
We are 1-1.
Bring it on.

1 comment: